Contact centers handle a variety of sensitive customer data, including credit card numbers, personal information, and (for highly-requlated industries) a host of potential health or financial details.
We've assembled an extensive list of security questions to ask when identifying a Generative AI solution for your contact center:
Security Questions to Ask When Identifying a Generative AI Solution
01 Data privacy and storage:
- Where is the data stored?
- What privacy laws govern the stored data?
- Does the AI provider comply with GDPR, CCPA, and other relevant data protection regulations?
- What controls are in place to ensure data is not used beyond its original purpose?
- How long is the data retained and how is it securely disposed of when no longer needed?
02 Data access:
- Who has access to the data and under what conditions?
- Are there strong access controls and authentication processes in place?
- How does the provider ensure that data isn't misused by those who have access?
03 Data transmission:
- How is data protected during transmission?
- Does the provider use encryption protocols like Transport Layer Security (TLS)to protect data in transit?
04 Training data:
- What data was used to train the AI?
- How was the data anonymized and is there any risk of de-anonymization?
- How is the proprietary data protected during AI model training?
05 Security certifications:
- Does the provider have third-party security certifications (like ISO 27001, SOC2, etc.) that verify their security posture?
- How regularly are these certifications reviewed and renewed?
06 Security incident response:
- How does the provider respond to security incidents or breaches?
- Is there a robust incident response plan in place?
07 AI ethics and bias:
- How does the provider handle ethical issues like AI bias?
- What measures are in place to ensure the AI’s outputs are fair and unbiased?
08 Vulnerability management:
- How does the provider protect against vulnerabilities in the AI, including adversarial attacks?
- What is the patch management policy and how quickly are vulnerabilities resolved?
09 Predictability and transparency:
- How transparent is the AI system's decision-making process?
- Is there a possibility of the AI making uncontrolled, unsupervised decisions that could impact security?
10 Future-proof security:
- How does the provider plan to keep up with evolving security threats and trends?
- How is the system designed to handle emerging security issues in the AI landscape?
It's evident that Generative AI is here to stay and 2023 will be remembered as the year this new technology changed the world. Yes, there are a lot of unknowns. Yes, there are real and relevant reservations about the technology.
But we also have the rare opportunity to be the pioneers in this revolution. The downside is minimal, and the upside is limitless. With that being said, it really matters who you partner with on this journey. Thankfully, we are here to be your trusted partner. If you want to learn more about Generative AI in the context of the contact center, read our latest ebook, Generative AI & GPT: A Comprehensive Guide for Contact Centers, which was assembled through multiple interviews with AI scientists, contact center leaders, business leaders, and a distinguished professor.
We hope you find it helpful as we all navigate this new era of artificial intelligence.