What is a call calibration?
Call calibration is the discussion between contact center managers and third-party call tracking and evaluation partners for rating customer service calls.
These sessions are a huge contributor while measuring a contact center’s overall performance. Conducting call calibration sessions regularly can lead to consistently good customer experience.
How does a call calibration session work?
In a call calibration session, the majority of the time is spent in listening to an agent’s call and gauging the quality of experience served to the customer. The meeting proceeds towards grading those calls, where these questions are addressed:
- Were the calls graded correctly?
- If not, what could’ve been done differently?
- How should these calls be graded in the future?
- Are the metrics used still the right ones?
- Are changes necessary to how calls are being graded?
- How did it positively impact the business?
What are the benefits of call calibration?
- Maintaining consistency: If different parties rate agent performance objectively across channels, it ensures consistency on subjective parameters like friendliness, helpfulness, etc.
- Better awareness among agents: It’s necessary for every employee to have a thorough understanding of the strategic goals and long term vision of their organization. Call calibration makes sure everyone is up to date and receives similar guidelines on different processes within the company.
- Making necessary alterations: Call calibration allows organizations to have a holistic, 360-degree understanding of their agent performance and accordingly change the workflows to improve efficiency.
- Training improvements: Objective assessment of calls helps identify gaps in the training process. To avoid those in the future, organizations can incorporate changes beforehand.
Call calibration is a game-changing investment but outsourcing to third parties comes with its share of confidentiality and data security issues in today’s digital age. As an organization, you need to ensure the employed third parties have right tools in place to secure your brand reputation, among many other things.